How I Changed My Blogger Blog's Adsense Account Logins.



Have you ever found it difficult to change your Blog's Adsense account? Well, this can sometimes be a daunting task for newbies and I must say can be very annoying because I've been there

Hi folks, how's it going?

Have you ever found it difficult to change your Blog's Adsense account? Well, this can sometimes be a daunting task for newbies and I must say can be very annoying because I've been there.  People have different reasons for changing their Adsense Account and as far as I'm concerned, the most common reason is due to change of website URL.  I have once tried changing my Adsense email address and apparently failed in my first attempt because Adsense didn't let me change my URL for some reason.
At the time, I thought that it was also possible to use two Adsense accounts for a blog but I was disappointed and told by Google that it wasn't possible. You can only use one Adsense account for multiple blogs and not the other way(multiple Adsense Accounts for one blog).

So this is how it all happened:

It all started when I decided to change the URL of my 2month old blog on blogger. After making the changes to my blog URL, I got a message from Google Adsense in my email . This was the message I got:

"We are unable to review your site: we found your site was down or unavailable. ...blablablah.

To update and resubmit your application, please visit google.com/adsense and sign in using the email address and password you submitted with your application."


It was at this point I realized that I was getting the error messages because I recently changed my Blog's URL.  So I sought to edit my blog URL in my Adsense account but sadly, all my efforts to change my Blog's URL in Adsense proof abortive. Dang!
Then few minutes later, I decided to create a new Adsense account and tried linking it to my blog but my new Adsense account was not approved because they needed me to first of all close my old account before the new one gets approved.


How Did I Close My Old Adsense Account?

 For those who are not new in the world of blogging, you should know by now that if you are deleting your Adsense account, Admob and Adword would have to be deleted as well before the deletion can be completed.
In my own case, the "Cancel your account" link was unavailable on my Adsense dashboard. So I decided to submit a request to delete my Adsense account to the Admob support team and that was it.

Note- Make sure you pause, disable or remove all campaigns in your Admob account so that you will not be billed for running campaigns after account cancellation.  And ensure that you have correct unlinked your apps from firebase.

After successfully submitting the request, I then I moved to Adwords and cancelled my account there by clicking the Cancel your account link on my adwords preference page. To cancel your adwords account, follow here.

Note: It usually takes less than 24hours or more before the deletion takes place.


My New Adsense Account

After successfully closing my old Adsense Account, I signed up for a new Adsense Account  on a different Browser and it took a while(2 weeks) before it got approved and activated. So I linked my new account to my blog and got my ads activated.

Note- I decided to create a new Adsense Account on a different browser because the previous browser has my google mail account saved on it . I wanted to avoid being redirected to my deleted account.

I hope this post was helpful to those who are going through this problem.  I would love to read your experience as well.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guaranteed Way To Get Your Disabled Facebook Account Back

The Most Common Mistake Bloggers Make

A Short Review On How Facebook Monitors All Your Activities.